CONTRIBUTION AT THE VILLAGE 2-5 (Understanding Substance)
All contributions are separate from the small membership attendance cost.
Here are some genuine ways that you can contribute.
- Mowing, whipper snipping, potable water supply – assistance may be needed.
- January is growing time so OFFERING of 3 days work – 1 person 3 days or 3 people 1 day, if can bring whipper snipper. Can stay on the land to setup.
- Roadwork potential (if there has been rain, help so that two wheel drive vehicles can enter.
- Sign work: Exit, Creek Flat etc. They’re already made just need to be assembled/distributed on the roads.
Promotion – OFFERING website assistance
- This is what’s going on. Website assistance, graphic design, graphic building.
- Can you update and improve the currently static website? E.g. adding photos from last Village. Add a database system to the website intended for communities who are aligned with The Village and also for people who are Villagers to list their name/photos of ‘this is my name and my abilities’
- OFFERING: Distribution of the Village on FB and other social media platforms to promote the Village. Max is 169 (plus children) but we can always open a second village if we have a rush.
- OFFERING: Admin of the village event to update the Village event (e.g. photo and blurb of those timetabled workshops that are happening.)
- OFFERING: THE non-timetabled things such as the kitchen is erected and has pots, cookers, gas and kitchen ready appliances.
STRUCTURES & SETUP
made and maintained (can be 2 different jobs):
- OFFERING: people come early to cut and carry wood. Trailer/ute needed or can be supplied. 2-3hrs cutting old wood that would burn well.
- OFFERING: for fire as well. Both of these, stay overnight. Plenty of firewood nearby to cut and collect.
- OFFERING & ongoing: helping Chris clean and prepare the spa – supplying a generator or learning how the generator works to take the weight off Chris. (Check with Chris how often and for how long needed)
- OFFERING: Kitchen whiteboard/blackboard for upcoming meals
- OFFERING: supply 6 x gas burners.
- OFFERING: Gas bottles with gas. 3 x 4.5kg (or greater) gas bottles
- OFFERING: Pots & pans – 6 large pots. 3 large pans/woks. 6 saucepans, coffee plungers, kettles
- OFFERING: BBQ or catering size ladles and utensils.
- OFFERING: Someone to plan the menu
- OFFERING: Produce – Rice, dahl, condiments, cereals, fresh herbs/spices, organic fruits & vegies, organic stock, tea/coffee,
- OFFERING: Dishwashing liquid & cleaning sponges etc
- OFFERING: Dishwashers & food handlers
- OFFERING: Eski/fridge/ice/cool room to store food
- OFFERING: Provide a bell/gong
- OFFERING: The Village Cryer – to call themselves or send runners (children?) to do so in their place.
- OFFERING: Whiteboard/blackboard 1.5m x 1m minimum. Perhaps 3 of them for all three days.
- OFFERING: Program updater:
- OFFERRING: Helping to setup communal spaces: temporary structures for workshops, hangout spaces, teepee assistance if required, Buckingham Green etc
- OFFERING: help make/build a better system to become more amenable: paint/beautify, restore it somewhat: door handles updated, someone to clean them out before we begin, decorate, write & post a sign – how to use this toilet, supply and refill the sawdust bucket
- OFFERING: bring toilet paper & resupply as needed. Bring hand sanitizer. Fill hand washing water container
- OFFERING: letting people know where to park. E.g. drive in and set up and be there til the end so not driving in and out.
- OFFERING: Bring bunting and posts to put a barrier up over the lower ridge so there’s a clear delineation of where the Village Green is.
- OFFERING: Car Monitor – Cars not being actively used to be moved to one area (somewhat more out of sight)
of the Road
- OFFERING: Remind group at each
gathering of logistics. E.g.
- Use sawdust in toilets
- Don’t go upstream onto other people’s private property
- Keep creek pristine – no makeup, sunscreen, bodily functions,
- OFFERING: Remind group at each gathering of logistics. E.g.
- OFFERING: Safety first aid kit for all – specific for the village: ticks, ants, burns, drowning, CPR.
- OFFERING: Go-to safety officer with a kit in reach each day, so everyone isn’t in ‘protection mode’ but quick response mode, should it be required. Maintaining the self responsibility model but knowing who are the knowledgeable safety monitors.
- OFFERING: First Aid station – even if currently it’s in a well known communal station.
- OFFERING: indicating willingness to stay to the end for bump out: emu parades, deconstruct the temporary communal spaces
- OFFERING: Attitude regulator – creating ease where friction exists
- OFFERING: Emotional Support – Who to go to if troubled
- OFFERING: Photography/Videography – dedicated photographer and or videographer? OFFERING: Childcare assistance (even in a parents’ round-robin style, to allow parents some time off)
- OFFERING: Bringing/setting up a Mens’ circle, womens’ circle (Red tent etc).
- OFFERING: Workshops, lectures, crafts, music
- OFFERING: Anything you can think of that is your unique gift to everyone else.